PLEASE NOTE THIS CALL HAS NOW CLOSED
2010 Judging Panel
The judging panel included Karlin Lillington, Irish Times; Muiris O’Connor, HEA; Sheila Porter, Intel; and Brendan Tangney, TCD Bridge to College b2c project.
Nominations are invited for innovative contributions in the area of teaching and learning, in keeping with the following guidelines:
- Nominations must be for an innovative idea, which must have been implemented.
- You can nominate your own work or someone else’s but, if short-listed, the originator/instigator of the idea must be the presenter/one of the presenters to the final judging panel.
- Your submission will be expected to illustrate/provide examples of how the idea was implemented in teaching and learning, how it was brought to life, and how it impacted learners.
- The nomination can be made in any format, however we encourage you to be creative in the nature of your submission, in how you capture the innovative idea, e.g., your nomination could be in the form of a poem, a sculpture, cartoon, video, etc.
- However, the submission for the nomination must only be a 5-minute capture of the essence of the innovative idea.
- The name of the nominee(s) and the context for their learning innovation idea i.., college, home, work, etc as well as the name and contact details of the nominator should be included and submitted with the nomination.
On receipt of nominations, all nominations will be reviewed by a short-listing committee, and a short-list of candidates will be selected to be advanced to the final judging panel.
Marks will be awarded under these headings for submissions.
1. What was the innovative idea and how was it innovative? (10 points/50%)
2. What was the rationale for the idea? (5 points/25%)
3. The creativity and quality of the submission
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet with a final judging panel. At this event, they will initially be given an opportunity to informally meet each member of the final judging panel, and to describe their nomination to members of the panel. This informal session will be followed by a 20 minute Q and A session with the review panel. On completion of the Q and A sessions, the judging panel will make their decision on the award.
How to submit:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your nomination as an attachment or with a link to your submission on the web.
- Nominations to be submitted by Monday 1st March 2010
- Shortlisted applicants to be notified by week of 29th Mar 2010
- Final Judging panel to meet shortlisted nominations: week beginning 19 April 2010
- Award to be presented at the Helix , DCU